========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Strike Propaganda
 Date: 12/22/05 4:16:11 PM Central Standard Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Carol: The same press releases go out to all, and
are parroted by news orgs that just don't
care enough about the power of  the words they use,
to give NPR the benefit
of the doubt  again.

Eric: NPR must be caving bigtime. To their credit,
local  affiliates of ABC and CBS, as well as WOR-9,
merely referred to "transit  strike."

This while the NYT has a special article on agent
provocateur undercover cops infiltrating rallies.
(This was on indymedia  websites during  the GOP
convention here, as well as daily updates on  what
color wristband the sneaks were wearing to
self-identify.)

New York Police  Covertly Join In at Protest Rallies
By JIM DWYER
Videotapes show that  police officers have
conducted covert
surveillance of people at seven  public gatherings
since
August  2004.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/nyregion/22police.html?th&emc=th