[lit-ideas] Re: States' Rights, Islamism, and the Cordoban Mosque

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 14:40:38 -0400

The idea of privatizing prisons and armies is appalling to me.  These seem to
me to be patently governmental functions.

I agree.  And what else can come of it but abuse?  After all you have to "sell"
the product, which is imprisonment.  Empty prison cells, like empty hospital
beds, are a loss of profit.  Which is why anyone with Medicare is pushed into
hospitalization, whether it is needed or not.

Veronica