[lit-ideas] Re: States' Rights, Islamism, and the Cordoban Mosque

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 04:08:38 -0400

Robert: "Who signed 'release papers' and why were any required? Care facilities
aren't prisons (unless you're in a locked Alzheimer's unit). If you were able
to get out of bed, dress, and walk out the front door, I wonder how they
thought they could prevent your doing so."

If one does not get a doctor to sign a release form, the insurance company and
Medicare will not pay.  In the case I cited re my out-patient surgery, the
whole thing was patently absurd or there was fraudulent intent.  Why would they
want a person to stay hospitalized for two days only to have out-patient
surgery the third day?  I was not intending to refuse treatment.  I just had to
wait until Monday since my situation was not life threatening.

Sorry about the delay in response Robert.  I overlooked this as I have been
preoccupied with an animal health crisis in one of our dogs.  Which is to say,
as if it were one of our kids.  Which he sort of is.  And no Medicare for this
little guy.

Veronica Caley