[lit-ideas] Re: Shapurism

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:03:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/2009 3:56:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pastone@xxxxxxxxx writes:
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:47 PM,  <Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> She was apparently a disco-pick up at  Punta Del Este. This below is
> possibly her worst attempt at English. I  love her, though. I mean, I
understand
> her and _forgive_ her as a  Christian should.

So... I'm sure you are familiar with John  8:7?

----

Nay; I say it in case I came across her or him in a bar  or something. I
don't want public violence. I'm all for love.

Perhaps she didn't know he was married?

Also, she is married, too, but openly airing her affair with this man
'three years younger' than herself.

Perhaps the philosophy of love here is best expressed by the Guvna:

This surely surpasses the love of St. John:

"Do you really comprehend how beautiful your smile is? Have you been told
lately how warm your eyes are and how they softly glow with the special
nature  of your soul. I remember Jenny, or someone close to me, once commenting
that  while my mom was pleasant and warm it was sad she had never
accomplished  anything of significance. I replied that they were wrong because
she had
the  ultimate of all gifts — and that was the ability to love
unconditionally. The  rarest of all commodities in this world is love. It is
that thing
that we all  yearn for at some level — to be simply loved unconditionally for
nothing more  than who we are — not what we can get, give or become. There
are but 50  governors in my country and outside of the top spot, this is as
high as you can  go in the area I have invested the last 15 years of my life
— my getting here  came as no small measure because I had that foundation
of love and support so  critical to getting up in the morning and feeling you
could give and risk  because you already had a full tank of love in the
emotional bank account. Since  our first meeting there in a wind swept somewhat
open air dance spot in Punta  del Este, I felt that you had that same rare
attribute. Above all else I love  that inner beauty about you. That gift of
yours is going to make a tremendous  difference in (The State deleted sons’
names) life — and in anyone’s life who is  blest to be touched by yours —
you need to rest very comfortably in that  fact."

Cheers,

JL Speranza  (Italian, not Libanese)
   Recoleta, not Palermo
     Buenos Aires, Argentina

**************Shop Popular Dell Laptops now starting at $349!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222031056x1201446063/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.dou
bleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215910283%3B38350812%3Ba)