[lit-ideas] Re: Shall Iran blink or shall we?

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:04:41 +0900

And some presidents, a Harding or Buchanan, for example, were
thoroughly deserving of dispraise. When will you learn that you do
your case no good by cherry-picking evidence? When will you
acknowledge all those idiot/ideologues who told us that Iraq would be
a cakewalk, that our troops would be greeted with showers of rose
petals, and that a budget director who predicted a cost of 200 billion
was way over the top?

You opponents are willing to grant you that many Muslims hate us (more
every day and no wonder given our bull in a China shop, the bomb is OK
for our cronies but not for you, you dirty little raghead approach to
diplomacy).

We also acknowledge that an air campaign could mess up Iran pretty bad.

But you still haven't told us what then? When chances are the Strait
of Hormuz is blocked, oil from the Middle East is choked off, the
number of terrorists multiplies, fissionable materials in the former
USSR remain unsecured, our ports, bridges, chemical and nuclear plants
remain unsecure.....

All you have is the utterly bizarre playground bully idea that you can
secure capitulation from people as nuts as you are by threatening to
kick their ass, and that once we kick some butt, everybodys going to
be too scared to figure out how to hit back. And who are you counting
on when they do? The clowns who mismanaged Katrina sure as hell aren't
ready to cope with anything really dirty going down.  Oy, veh.

John

--
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd.