[lit-ideas] Re: School Daze/The Modern World

  • From: "Franz Fuchs" <f.fuchs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 00:48:34 +0200

> Used CRTs are extremely cheap. You can buy used high-quality CRTs for
> $10-20. Nobody wants them.

Yes, CRTs are cheap but they use up a lot more energy than LCD displays, at
least two times, maybe even three or four times as much. Therefore your CRT
could become expensive.

As I understand it, resolution isn't an issue with LCDs. Their refresh rate
was once a problem for swift onscreen movements (like in action games) but
mostly this has been rescolved (again, as far as I know).

Best regards
FrF