[lit-ideas] Re: School Daze/The Modern World

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 01:57:00 +0100

Good CRTs are better than TFT/LCDs, John.  My new TV's a good CRT -- they're
really cheap now -- an LCD or Plasma TV that was as good would cost
a small fortune.  My computer monitor's a decidedly poor CRT (teamed with a
cheap
integrated video chip) but despite the convenience of a light flat one, I'd love
a really good CRT replacement.  (I probably won't be able to get one.)

My eyes have degenerated with age, I could do with a larger monitor, certainly.
But the TFT I borrowed for a while was really bad for me -- I know the lower
refresh rate isn't supposed to make a difference, it did to me.