[lit-ideas] Re: Saturday

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:16:30 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

-----Original Message-----

Julie Krueger

In search of answers, I went to interview the daughter.  Taking a break from
getting ready for Apollo Preview Day--you pays your money and you makes your
Junior year choices and you gets your photo taken (hence the preparation!)--she
said:

It has its moments definitely.  It doesn't have the innocence of the Holy
Grail.  By innocence I think I mean they were working without a budget.  Brian
had a budget.  And they had differences by this time.  If you look at the
crucifiction scene you'll see that John Cleese is wearing clothes to keep warm.
 Everyone else decided that loin cloths and crucifiction went together.  I like
the fact that it has an ending.  I like the song at the end.  I think it's an
interesting take on how things back then might have been.

David Ritchie
corresponding in
Portland, Oregon