[lit-ideas] Re: SUNDAY POEM

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:17:35 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jul 17, 2004 11:15 AM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: SUNDAY POEM

Julie K:

 <<To Stan, living in the South is like waking through high grass, just
gotta watch where you step.>>

> Every now and then a typo makes a sentence better than it could ever have
> been otherwise.

A typo?  That's very presumptuous of you.  It so happens that it was a typo,
but I resent that you presumed I wasn't being clever.  Unfortunately, I make
so many spelling and typo mistakes that no one is ever sure whether I'm
being clever or stupid.  I'll never tell.

A.A.  I wonder how many civilization-changing inventions were the result of
pure accident.  Didn't Alexander Graham Bell start out looking for, was it a
hearing enhancer, when he accidentally invented the light bulb?  Lots of
examples like that.  Gotta run (to the bank before it closes).

Andy Amago, NY

Mike Geary
Memphasis  Tendennsee