[lit-ideas] Re: SUNDAY POEM

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:00:43 -0700

on 10/17/04 8:49 PM, Mike Geary at atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> DR:
>> Having lost the popular vote, I intend to appeal to the supreme court.
>

> Which is to say that I don't think that Ritchie stands a snowball's chance
> in hell with the Supreme Court unless he can prove that I have been obscene.

What is the Supreme Court if not a circle of friends?  From them I have
picked up two votes.  Ursula seems to be wavering.  This could be a damn
close run thing, settled perhaps by a Kingly duel of swords and wrenches,
fought somewhere near Calais.  I'll have a painter standing by to
memorialize the event.

See

http://momo.essortment.com/henryviiifranc_rzzj.htm

for hints on the catering and other arrangements.  The water/spiced
wine/claret fountain is a nice touch, don't you think?  If you get there
first, ask for one at the local hypermarche.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon