[lit-ideas] SUNDAY POEM

BRAZE THE LORD

When brazing copper wait until the metal has turned cherry red,
then apply the brazing rod, keeping the torch flame on the fitting,
the rod will melt and flow into the joint if the temperature is right.
Circle the joint with the flame and the rod until a solid seal has formed.

All day today, that's what I did.  I cannot tell you what joy it is.
The world is different because I passed this way.
God and I.  We have the skills.
The only difference is I don't tell you how to live.

Brother Electron, Sister Force,
you magnify the Lord.  Let us forgive Him his pettiness,
He never learned to dance outside the schools,
but He it is who Heat is and heat it is that rules.

In the beginning there was heat
whence cometh all things neat:
like breasts and mons verneris,
labia minor and majora,