[lit-ideas] Re: SOS - The Self in Moral Space

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 07:12:57 -0500

LH:
>>  Mike Geary for example has a Constellation of Absolute Presuppositions
>> within which God does not exist.  He (I assume) believes this absolutely. <<

For the record, let's just say that I'd be immensely surprised if any of the
notions of God as promulgated by any religion known to me turned out to be the
case.  Whether there's some kind of "ultimate reality," well, I suspect there
probably is.  Maybe it's Energy, whatever that is.  Or maybe it's the big bad
Void.  I do not believe in God the Guy, God the Doctrine, God the Ghost, God
the Good, God the Giver, God the Prosecutor, God the Pissed-Off, God the
Thinker, God the Go-Go Girl or any facsimile thereunto, thereof, or thereforth.
 The problem is I can't use the word 'God' to talk about "ultimate reality"
because 'God' doesn't have any meaning to me and I have no idea what "ultimate
reality" means either.  That's about as absolute as I can get.

Mike Geary
in Memphis