[lit-ideas] Re: Rehnquist

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 18:23:58 +0100

Monday, September 5, 2005, 6:15:59 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

EY> Sunday, September 4, 2005, 10:24:44 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

EY>> Btw I know nothing much about Rehnquist except things like he
sounds EY>> like a minor Nazi

EY> http://www.oyez.org/oyez/resource/legal_entity/100/biography

EY> ___

EY> Hey, I didn't write that.

sorry Eric -- I thought you wrote it but were joking! but I decided to
throw some Rehnquist data at the list anyway...

EY>  The talented and erudite Donal wrote that.
EY> I indicated that R, even though appointed by Nixon, played a role in
EY> Nixon's undoing in Watergate, by, if I remember correctly--and you
EY> should correct me if I'm wrong of course!--not allowing the firing
EY> of the special prosecutor.

I remember now; sorry.  I think Rehnquist has some power to confuse
me: when I read Myra Breckenridge I thought Vidal was trying to tell
us he (R) was a *****, but it seems he was in fact having a go at some
Court ruling on obscenity

EY> PS: Happy Labor Day!

it's Labor Day? really?