[lit-ideas] Re: Rapture

<<The  milkman says the glass is half-and-half.>>
I appreciate your literary  device.  But this sentence reminded me that I
used to be able to buy, at  the local grocers, really truly whole milk -- it
had
been pasteurized, not  homogenized.  It came in one gallon glass bottles, and
the cream rose to  the surface.  I miss it terribly.  It was the only milk I
would  drink when I could get it.  My husband buys skim.  Appalling.   Pretend
milk.  Like a glass of water with a faint tinge of white food  colouring.
Heavy cream over frozen blueberries is heaven.
It's 4: in the morning (my ex used to  play some hideous country song that
started that way) and I haven't had any  coffee as I'm planning to try to pass
out again so just don't mind me.   Carry on.......
Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Rapture  Date:
8/4/05 2:11:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Seriously, how do you account for the  horrendous evil in the world?

Is the glass half full or half  empty?

The milkman says the glass is half-and-half.

Maybe the  question is: how does one account for goodness in the world? The
kindness of
strangers? The friendship between cats and dogs to their humans. Quiet
evenings with
friends. Hearing a bit of a tune far away. Looking up and  seeing the stars.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com