[lit-ideas] Re: Quds forces

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:18:13 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

That's old news.  After 9/11 obviously.  It makes sense too, since OBL is a Sunni and he represents everything antithetical to them.  But beyond logic, that's a fact even if I can't give you a cite off the top of my head.  I remember either reading or hearing that Iran would have been proud to collaborate with the superpower.  It's why they want nuclear energy, because it's a symbol, however 1970's, of being in the club with the big boys.  They see themselves as a significant country and want to be treated as such.  We course, we don't need competition, even if our competition has the oil that drives our SUV's.  Everything I say has a source.  I'll see if I can find a cite.  I can tell you the source won't be the NYT.