[lit-ideas] Re: Providing a fair trial and sentencing

My brother used to teach people port from starboard on a boat by reminding them that because no one likes the port, it's always left. Me...I'm having a nice Merlot...I know...so yesterday....

Ursula

On 1/13/07, * wokshevs@xxxxxx <mailto:wokshevs@xxxxxx>* <wokshevs@xxxxxx <mailto:wokshevs@xxxxxx>> wrote:

    Quoting Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>:

    >  >>Rappaport, Rappaport, Rappaport and Spade
    >
    > What do you have against port, Mr. Spade? Really good port with
    some
    > fine cheese ...

    Port??! Sweet tunderin' Jayzus! If I wanted something to pour over
    my Haagendaz,
    I'd buy a bottle of Manischewitz. Why ruin a hunk of Oka with that
    rot?
    Anything discovered by accident after being left forever in the
    cargo hold of a
    ship is surely unfit for the sensibilities and taste of rational
    humanity and
    reflective judgement. (Kant's Third Critique says it all.) Take
    heed: people
    who succumb to the seductions of port end up being exiled on
    islands in the
    middle of nowhere for extensive periods of time.

    Walter Okshevsky
    Oban Da; Newman's Nyet
    The Avalon Forever

<http://www.wordworks.jp/>