[lit-ideas] Powell's great come-to-Portland contest

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:21:21 -0700

Ordinarily, I wouldn't post a commercial come-on like this, and it may even be against the rules (you could ask Andreas), but this sounds like a great way for some against-the-odds lucky lit-ideas person to win a free trip to Portland (site of The Mutton Institute, Pacific Northwest College of Art, and other monuments to art and literature; home of David Ritchie, etc., etc.) Free. No forms to fill out. All you have to do is to sign up for Powell's Books' newsletter (which you can then cancel). I know that seeing David Ritchie's invisible boat alone would be worth it, but a stay at the Heathman and other luxuries would add to the pleasure.

One draw back (two) I don't think this works in the UK, or Canada. Canadians could hop across the border to the nearest US airport.

http://www.powells.com/trip/

Bon chance.

Robert Paul,
using David Ritchie's name for scholarly purposes,
somewhere south of Reed College