[lit-ideas] Re: Political position of Writers on Iran

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:34:41 -0800

From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've begun Robin Wright's In the Name of God, the Khomeini Decade, and she
doesn't spend much time on the Shah or the CIA.

I'm reading a book by an Saudi cleric. It's the history of how the USA attacks Arabs without any cause or reason whatsoever. The history starts on Sept. 12th, 2001. Why that day? He says nothing before that date that has any significance.

I'm wondering, is he right to arbitrarily pick a start date for his history? Is everything before that date irrelevant? Can one see his intentions through his act of ignoring everything that doesn't fit into his worldview?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com