[lit-ideas] Plea to Rambo

[from the throwaway files--Eric]

*Plea to Rambo*

   All we are asking, Rambo, is your spare time.
When your enemies are spent and you are done --
with your knife and bow, their stolen rifles,
have ended your work and ruined theirs,
in jungles, among pines, on rocky flats,
by thundering waterfalls, in high tech rooms --
return to the real America to kick butt.
   You are a master of desperate situations,
and we ask that you come bellowing one long note,
outrunning explosions and billowing flames
to meet this final challenge.
   Your country, taciturn hardbody, is overrun
by a shell corporation's thieves and parasites.
Everyone fears but accepts this new order,
where proxies in full body armor break and enter
acting only on suspicion, an army of occupation
in every television screen or gas guzzler radio.
   Please save us, Rambo, from these new selves,
from business as usual in your old staging ground,
from the interests we took to be our own,
from what we accepted, distracted by movies,
in the name of law and order,
for the sake of our children,
lead us home, from our homes this time,
lead us home.