[lit-ideas] Re: Planet Reagan

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jun 6, 2004 10:09 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Planet Reagan

> Planet Reagan
> By William Rivers Pitt

My reaction? It's the correct obituary. Bury him.

Reagan carried out an illegal war against Nicaragua and was tried and
convicted in the World Court on war crimes.

His "Tear down this wall" was nothing more than an meaningless slogan,
papered over an administration that did the opposite. He then twisted the
facts to take credit.

A.A.  He also raised the prices of cars in the U.S. in an effort to compete
with Japanese imports.  All it did was raise the price of all cars.  Didn't
affect exports at all expect they went up along with the others.  And he fired
the air traffic controllers.  All it proved was he didn't care who had a job
and who didn't.  Then he gets an airport named after him.  I never understood
that at all.

Andy Amago

yrs,
andreas