[lit-ideas] Re: Philosophical League Tables

  • From: John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:41:05 +0900

Ah, the vanity and blindness of philosophers. Mistake a survey for a contest,
don't note that it was published in 1999, and ignore the question whether there
has been anyone whose work since makes it likely that they would appear in a
similar list some time in the future. That's not silly. That's sad. Mental
masturbation leading to a dribble.

Cheers,

John

In Taiwan I studied magicians.