[lit-ideas] Re: Pharma Spies

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 23:58:10 -0700

> Why posit Big Pharma shutting down bloggers when it can use them instead? By
> monitoring
> bloggers (et al), pharma's marketing gets valuable info for its
> disinformational ad and PR
> campaigns. You know, find out what people are complaining about and then pull
> Bush--deny, deflect, and reframe the argument, preferably before the people
> are screaming
> to major media.

That's the goal of this type of tool. A number of corps are realizing that they
can monitor
the web (blogs, websites, newsletters, Lit-Ideas, etc.) and spot "issues" as
they arise and
do a Bush on them.

There are some major tools in this field. I know one project that is investing
some $200m
into this.

yrs,
andreas