[lit-ideas] Re: Pew Internet Report on Instant Messaging (IM)

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:43:22 EDT

Another nice thing about IMing is that there is an element of privacy -- I
can have a silent conversation with someone and say things I wouldn't want
everyone in the room overhearing.  And I can converse with 6 or 7 people at
once.  While reading CNN.  It's, like, power, man.

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Pew Internet
Report on Instant Messaging   (IM)  Date: 9/9/04 4:04:29 PM Central Daylight
Time
From: _erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
My brother and I talk to on MSN when he's one room  down the hall from me.  I
don't talk to any of my friends on the phone,  hardly.  Only those who don't
spend much time on the Internet, and  that's only a few of them.  99% of my
friends use instant messagers,  and I make 99% of my plans through them.  I
like
instant messagers  better than E mail.   I've been using ICQ for the last 8
years.  I think it came out when I was  15.

Erin
Toronto

--
Erin