[lit-ideas] Re: !!! Patriarch of US conservatives urges followers to halt Rep financial backing

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 14:15:37 -0700

There's another top conservative--no, THE top guy--and lil' ol' me, the
mainstream news junkie, never even heard of him? Huh. That's pretty telling.

But am I the measure of Viguerie's vagaries? I'm reminded of the last fellow I
dated--the one who appropriated and then mauled the quote, "No man is an
island..." Being me, I asked if he liked Donne. (Two rounds of "Who's on
first?") When it was established that I was referring to John Donne the poet,
this fellow asserted, in all seriousness, that since his high school textbook
had not "covered" Donne, the poet had not "passed the test of time," and aren't
I quaint, heh heh.

That idiot is the best argument for celibacy I've encountered. Viguerie may be
the best argument against believing mainstream news media.
But-but-but...should we trust the Washington Post now, which is telling us that
he's the big shot of biggies?

It's Sunday. I'd rather do laundry.
Carol