[lit-ideas] Re: Ought we to do something about Iran?

  • From: John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 21:03:07 +0900

If people are going to ridicule Geary, I will ridicule Helm.

Of the silliness and stupidity of gunfighter examples there is no end.
You take the madman's gun and, then.....

What do you do about the madman's 68 million relatives and their
billion plus cousins who still have guns and are convinced that the
man with the loaded gun is not only crazy but a homicidal threat to
them?

The gunfighter analogy is on a par with the neocon argument pre-Iraq
that all we had to do was knock off Saddam, be greated with cheers and
showers of roses,  install a free market democracy, and all would be
so well.

Idiocy, in the strict sense.
--
John McCreery