[lit-ideas] Re: Opposing the Cordoba Mosque, Intolerance or Prudence?

  • From: John Wager <jwager@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 09:19:41 -0500

Here's a bit more on the proposed Mosque, including why it's to be named the "Cordoba" Mosque:

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2009147,00.html

Eric wrote:
On 8/5/2010 4:44 PM, Mike Geary wrote:
Lawrence:

I oppose the Cordoba Mosque, but those who accuse me of intolerance have
it exactly backward. I oppose the Cordoba Mosque because Islamism is
intolerant, violently so, and they are running roughshod over Muslims
who don't agree with them. And they represent a danger to any Liberal
Democratic nation that tolerates them.

Easy solution as I said. If the mosque is ever officially used to facilitate extremism, ceremonially burn it down every September 11.
01:35:00