[lit-ideas] Re: On the radio (was more polls)

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:34:02 +0000

from BBC Online's Have Your Say:

Perhaps with a country so divided, it is time for it to be split into 3. I =
lived in the US for 6 years and loved it but many friends on the East and W=
est coasts were tired of being dominated by the middle of the country. West=
 Coast friends used to laughingly talk about 'Pacifica', a nation of Califo=
rnia, Oregon, Washington State and British Columbia. They aren't laughing n=
ow, and neither is the rest of the world.=0BFleecy Moss, St Bees

Wednesday, November 3, 2004, 7:22:01 AM, Carol Kirschenbaum wrote:

CK> It's over...There'll be little brushfires,
>> challenges, lawsuits, but they have John Ashcroft to handle those.

CK> ck: And what have we learned today, children? It is clear that the Unit=
ed
CK> States consists of two separate mentalities, only one of which will be
CK> substantially represented in Congress and in the executive branch. Is t=
his
CK> fair. Hell no. Election reform is mandatory, for one. This winner-takes=
-all
CK> electoral college has to go. If it weren't for the obvious geographical
CK> inconvenience, I'd be tempted to predict another civil war. Nah...
CK> Carol

--=20
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK  =20
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx