[lit-ideas] Re: On the radio (was more polls)

Tuesday, November 2, 2004, 8:24:35 PM, David Ritchie wrote:

DR> He came. He quoted me a huge sum. He went.

Bad luck.  I need some tiling done too -- Victorian floor tiles put
right --and don't want to know the cost.

DR> Joe: Thank you for taking my call...I had a question about...

DR> It's the "had" I'm considering.  Why do people put this in the past tense?

I hadn't (sic) noticed that.  I think they say the same thing here.

Why are you thinking instead of voting?

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx