[lit-ideas] Re: On the prospect of World Peace

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:47:12 -0700

Flatulence and Smoke

I invoked Barnett and demand explain him.

But I'll not all though I might if you hung

On every word instead of reading every third

Or none at all.  I would need a reason of my own

Which I don't have.  Neither you nor Irene,

Good night, read more than a sentence

On each page; so your righteous indignation

Is mere flatulence and smoke.  Mere

Flatulence and smoke, and beyond that

I've covered recently all that you ask within your post

Which you could have read if you read more

Than a sentence on each page; so your righteous

Indignation is mere flatulence and smoke.

What are you smoking that obscures your

Vision so you read no more than a sentence

On each page? You say you state it plainly,

But I've stated plainer still that your righteous

Indignation is mere flatulence and smoke.

And as to Mike he seeks a crucifixion

Thinking greater love hath no man than

To be the greatest wag, and only be

Prevented by grace from the hangman's

Rope or the chair or the axe, but

Everyone could see it wasn't him, that

A false confession entered in his folder

Was a shining on his tab, and

His name could glisten on to the

The settling of contentions on his way.

Then you ask "can humans live in peace?"

Does peace exist in the notes you write,

Or in those of Irene?  Is your peace hers?

The world can live in peace, I am quite sure,

When the pacifists and leftists give up war.

Lawrence