[lit-ideas] Re: On the prospect of World Peace

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:19:37 -0700

Let us examining this dust more closely

"What think you of Chilson's thrust at warlike Lawrence,

Was it not neatly done, a skillful sucker punch?

Though Lawrence replied as cleverly as he might

There's ne'er the wit in both his stanzas

As is contained in that one Chilson phrase,

Ah I can hear it now, the thrust served

Sweet and there poor Lawrence lies

His poor sides heaving with the pain."

"Are you quite sure?  I fail to see the blood

And his groaning seems exceedingly like

Glee."  "Well, then a proud thing it must

Be to laugh when thou art slaughtered and

In the dust.  See how brave Chilson

Disdains to use his own fell thoughts

But sends mere Henry to the fore

As a champion of old might send

An underling to a foe not worth his time.

And who can tell how well the Dream

Song fits the thoughts of Steve?  Was

That not nicely done?  Poor Lawrence

If he has the stamina to look up now

Will be befuddled by the wit that John

Through Henry and thence to Chilson

Sends him with the wag of a monstrous tail.

It is of Length to stir more dust on the stricken

Jarhead.  It takes not six but one bored

Dog to bury him as we see.  But wait, he stirs

While Chilson stands with arms akimbo."

Then, one two through and through

Steve's vorpal blade exclaiming.  He took

His hat and galumphed back while

Henry's dog sent forth a log while straining.