[lit-ideas] Re: On the passing of Mike Geary

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 02:51:19 -0500

>>Who the hell is Geary to blame Earthlink? Just think: 'Earth' and
'link'. Now granted, we are not here dealing with the Almighty himself
but this is at least a demiurge.

The difficulties in using the writings of the Re-Subbed Geary in such a heresiological approach to identify the Re-Subbed's Earth Link are twofold. The first difficulty is a biased heresiological point of view, for we see in Geary's view of his Link to Earth only deviations from the pure teaching of the Pre-Subbed Geary, deviations which are regarded by Phil and his brethren as spawned by the devil, or by something peculiar to Memphis. The second difficulty is based in the interdependence of our Geary sources, since the later Geary authors, they of the Pre-Subbing, also like Phil, naturally expand the Geary conceptions they have received, but rarely added to them more than a few new bits of information, such as have been given to us by the Re-Subbed One. Moreover, recent Geary heresiologists have different Gnostic theories about the historical origin of Geary, the Demiurgos through whom he speaks, and these theories determine the way they present the Ur-Geary text materials. Julie and Erin may prefer an origin from his MFA or Catholic background, and Phil, Peter, and others prefer an origin from the secular humanism of the Pre-Subbed Geary, while I trace back, in a purely aesthetic and schematic way (according to the Song of Geary, Refrain 8), at least some consistency to Pre-Subbed Memphis and MFA schools or sects inside those schools.

In my approach, at the very least, the promise Andreas made to the List is considered to be continued if not fulfilled; whereas others may seem to dither in heterodox aporia. At least in my view, Tao is not always absent from the universe. At least in my view, the Jade Emperor can give a guy a break once in a while. Nyah-nyah, nyahnyahnyah.