[lit-ideas] Re: On the passing of Mike Geary

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:52:43 -0600

US:

Mike must feel a bit like he's eavesdropping at his funeral.

It was a bit eerie, yes. I noticed that no one mentioned my erudition -- or my spelling talents. Contrary to Phil's contrarian view that anyone stupid enough to accidently unsub themselves should be so rewarded, I did not unsub myself, Earthlink done it unto me. At first I thought I was the victim of a cyber terrorist attack by Lawrence Helm, but he's about the same age as I am, he wouldn't know how to bring that off, so I forgave him for wanting to and talked for about 30 minutes to some guy in India who kept reassuring me that the Bush Administration had nothing to do with it, that it was a technical issue, that the engineers were aware of it, yada yada.

They say that in a democracy, you get the government you deserve, just remember that when you read my next "poem" -- you voted me back in -- you deserve what you get.

Mike Geary
Memphis
glad to be back on board