[lit-ideas] Re: On the Value of Copying Stuff Out

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:10:25 -0800

On Nov 18, 2009, at 4:02 PM, David Ritchie wrote:
I'm wondering whether anyone here has views on the virtues or lack thereof of copying.

                                        *****

To understand what I might learn, I'm going to copy here a passage from "Without the Option," a Wodehouse tale.

...A ghastly thought had struck me.  I quivered like an aspen.

Bl**dy asterisks...in the wrong bl**dy spot. Should have been one line down. You knew that.

David Ritchie,
P*rtland, *regon