[lit-ideas] Re: Oh, my God, I'm turning into Ritchie.

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:08:56 -0700

On May 15, 2006, at 1:07 PM, David Ritchie wrote:

Officer Junk

Duane Bigoni

Alas, the links I posted don't get you to the stories. Here are excerpts:

Police loyalty, duty collide in sex scandal
Secrets - In Tualatin, a culture of silence hangs over events involving officers and a teen in the Explorer program

<x-tad-smaller>Sunday, May 14, 2006
</x-tad-smaller>LUCIANA LOPEZ

"You've got to be kidding me!" Lori Marsh said to Steve Flores, the police officer leaning against her chest-high cubicle partition. Why, she asked, aren't you telling?

Marsh, a records technician, asked Flores to repeat himself. Flores said it again. There had been sexual contact between Joe Junk, a Tualatin officer, and a girl in the department's Explorer post.

Briefs

<x-tad-smaller>Monday, May 15, 2006

</x-tad-smaller>Wilsonville - Man dies from injuries after mower accident

A Wilsonville man died Saturday from injuries he received two weeks ago when he was pinned under a tractor mower for about 12 hours.

Roger Daniel Sackman, 50, died at Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Center, said Duane Bigoni, deputy medical examiner for Multnomah County.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon