[lit-ideas] Re: Oh, Take me to JesusLand!

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:42:33 -0500

One way of expressing feelings of inadequacy is overachievement.  That sets
up a vicious cycle; proving one's adequacy becomes the nail that has to get
hammered down.  It's a no win situation.  This post exactly exemplifies
that swinging back and forth  Put another way, it's only if someone is
larger than life (how can anyone be larger than life?) that they can cause
plagues and poison wells and eat babies or whatever it is that Jews are
known to do.  Jews are (surprise, Mike) people like anybody else, just as
smart and stupid as anybody else.  Stupid enough (maybe I should say
fearful enough) to cling to mythology along with everybody else.  Crap
posts like the one below do nobody any favors.

On
> and on and on.  Oh, but wait -- barbeque! -- very few Jews barbeque pork,
> and none of them do it good (barbequed beef is NOT barbeque, thank you).
> Aha!  Yes!  Let's hear it for the goys!  Southern goys, that is.
Barbecue