[lit-ideas] Re: Of demons and men

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:41:57 EST

Yeah, I have my good days and my bad days.  Sue me.
Julie Krueger

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Of demons and men
Date: 2/21/06 10:34:01 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_cassidy_dann@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:cassidy_dann@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I went through a serious several-year jag of  reading Israel/Palestine issue
>books.  I read books written by Jews,  by Westerners who lived in the midst
>of
>the conflict for a  time, by Palestinian sympathizers, by political gurus
>and
>secular  journalists, all the Arab/Muslim texts Eric mentioned (well, most
>of
>them).  I can't count the number I read.  Many out  loud w/ my  husband.
>The
>one sure thing I came away  with was the certainty that in  terms of
>cultural
>and  political clashes there simply is no objective right and  wrong,  there
>simply are no white hats and black hats.  There are agendas  I  support and
>actions
>I find damnable.  But it's all a  mixed bag of motives  and rights and
>beliefs
>and and and  ......

I'm with you a hundred percent on this one. But weren't you the  one who
fairly recently actually posted a few titles in response to a list  member
looking for an "objective" look at the Middle East  conflict....?

Sincerely, Cassidy Dann
Rappanhannock,  VA

Donât  just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!