[lit-ideas] Re: Non Anglii sed Angeli, si forent Christiani

speranza, what a disappointment you are........ christian and anglican shit to boot! so you worship old people in skirts around canterbury... jeez.... what will grice say?

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

Popper on the Third World

No -- really,  the Pope's aid!
I was amused, in the wrong way, by Evans's report of the  comment by the
Pope's aid who alleged 'health reasons'.
I feel I need to  know more about him! Was he Roma-born! (They have an
attitude!). Where was HE  born!?

Brewer, E. Cobham. Dictionary of Phrase & Fable. Non Angli sed  ... -
Non Angli sed Angeli, si forent Christiani. Words attributed to  Gregory
(the Great) in 573 when some British children reduced to slavery were  shown
him at ...
www.bartleby.com ÿÿ ... ÿÿ Brewer's Dictionary -

----

I am of course an Anglican and can laugh at it with a clear conscience, but
I spent some time learning at how central Rome was in those days. The link
Anglicanism-Roman is so tight -- and indeed it is never clear to
distinguish  High Anglicanism (which I'm not, since I favour a
congregation-type of
hymn-singing that you find in Low-Anglicans only) and R. C. --.

As for the multi-ethnicity, while Vatican surely is Swiss-gene dominated,
the population is not inbred, although, if you can believe this, they lack a
maternity hospital. Rome, on the other hand, can be pretty multiethnic --
as  opposed to the real provinces where you see the real Italy (just
kidding).

----

Speranza,
"Somewhere over the rainbow"

/begin/read__>sig.file: postal address
palma
University of KwaZulu-Natal Philosophy
3rd floor of Memorial Tower Building
Howard College Campus
Durban 4041
South Africa
Tel off: [+27] 031 2601591 (sec: Mrs. Yolanda Hordyk) [+27] 031-2602292
Fax [+27] 031-2603031
mobile 07 62 36 23 91            calling from overseas +[27] 76 2362391
EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxx
EMAIL: palma@xxxxxxxxxx

MY OFFICE IS A290@Mtb

*only when in Europe*: inst. J. Nicod
29 rue d'Ulm
f-75005 paris france
________
This e-mail message (and attachments) is confidential, and/or privileged and is
intended for the
use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
you must not copy,
distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any
confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
This entity is not responsible for any information not related to the business
of this entity. If you
received this e-mail in error please destroy the original and notify the sender.

  Ratio, enim, nisi judex universalis esse deberet, frustra singulis datur.

  [ _Quaestiones Naturales_, Adelard of Bath ]

Signora granda, testa che massa
massa ne passa, che quasi schissa,
Dia dei sostegni de cese e palassi
Dia de le taje che su ne tien fissi
Dia de le onde che le ne fa grassi,
ne ingrassa de ogni grassia, Dia Venessia -

aàh Venessia aàh Venàssia aàh Venùsia

Andrea Zanzotto, Filò, (Sezione: Recitativo Veneziano)