[lit-ideas] Re: "No sex please - we're Japanese"

  • From: Scribe1865@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 13:04:13 EDT

In a message dated 6/3/2004 11:24:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JulieReneB@xxxxxxx writes:
Little girls emulate Brittany Spears.  Advertisements for women's lingerie
would have met porn standards a decade ago.
_____
In one of Bill Maher's best routines, he addresses the fashion of tawdry
undress, something like:
I feel sorry for whores.
What can whores wear today to let people know they are whores?
"No, I'm not on my way to an opening. I really am a whore!"
_____

In curmudgeonly mode, I tend to think of the whore-style as more symptomatic
of the US's slow transformation from leading technological nation to
slave-caste banana republic:
*outsource jobs-
*increase education costs-
*decrease social mobility-
*reduce freedom and privacy protections-
*whore style