[lit-ideas] Re: (No Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 23:50:18 -0500

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:56:30 -0800

Judy wrote, after others had said various things:

My previous reply may not be all that relevant, the point I take it is that
Larry Kramer was not among those Tony D'Amato threatened to sue.

My point, in replying to Veronica, was that whatever went on between her and LK had nothing to do with what transpired between D'Amato and the Phil-Lit board. It's still unclear to me whether she believes that LK was somehow in a position to threaten others (e.g. D'Amato) as he did her because of some special standing he had on Phil-Lit. He had no special standing. He did not kick D'Amato off. In threatening to sue Veronica he was acting entirely on his own.

I'll send an account of l'Affair D'Amato later when I can retrieve my notes from my other computer.

Robert Paul
Reed College