[lit-ideas] Re: Nigerian gun control as an example for us

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 12:02:12 -0700

Mike,

I couldn't get you web site to come, but here are some thorough-going
comparisons.  Consider the comparison of violent deaths:
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvintl.html   The U.S. is about in the
middle.  Note the comment down at the bottom that many don't know how to
develop proper statistics and lump defensive deaths in with offensive
deaths.     Consider this analysis of Defensive Gun deaths:
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdguse.html

Here is a graph comparing International Homicide rates:
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvinco.html   It begins with an
interesting discussion of what can be concluded from these statistics.

Also, you've got to consider illegal aliens coming to the U.S. No one seems
to be developing statistics to find out how many homicides are committed by
them vs the population at large, but some are suggesting that the numbers
are significant.  Witness: "He found that between 1,806 and 2,510 people in
the U.S. are murdered annually by illegal aliens. If he's right, that would
represent between 11 percent and 15 percent of all murders in the U.S."
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52198 .

Lawrence