[lit-ideas] Re: New Philosophical Investigation

But soft, methinks Walter hear voices from east and west:

The philosopher on Walter's left shoulder goes:

Eric needs to make up his mind. Is the hunt for truth or for goodness? In thw
words made famous by a past American Vice-President: "One needs to know what
game one is after before setting out into the woods and streams."

The philosopher on Walter's right shoulder goes:

Objection: Isn't that a false dichotomy? One that remains false regardless of
the geography of its utterance? I mean, if one claims "G is good," one is also
claiming that "It is true that G is good." And conversely, if one claims the
latter, one also claims the former. Truth and goodness are thus "convertibles"
as the Schoolmen were wont to say. Eric's FBI thus needs to catch only one
instance of either in the bush in order to have both in their hands.

Resolution:

Clear off both shoulders and return to grading.

Possessing all the virtues except for temperance,

Walter O

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/disillusioned_fbi_launches?utm_source=c-section]