[lit-ideas] Re: Name that Tune

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:49:32 -0800

On Nov 19, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Robert Paul wrote:

Paul Stone (first off the mark), David Ritchie and Joerg Gruel are the winners, of course.

Re. the "highly theoretical prize," I shall be chained to the railing at the Reed Institute this evening, with protest placard, complaining that theory, though thick in its promise and French rhetoric, in the real world gives short measure.

Then I'll go hear Harvard's rabbi, who sounds interesting.

David Ritchie,
drinking les P.G.Tips (non théoriques) in
Portland, Oregon