[lit-ideas] Re: Movie

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:10:01 -0400

I guess you mean extremism as in seeing the Palestinian point of view (they
were thrown out of their homeland), the Israeli point of view (they were
persecuted for centuries, etc.), the Iranian point of view (they made friendly
overtures to the Americans), the fact that Iraq was an artificial state, that
extremism?  That all humans are driven by repressed emotions and unconscious
motivations?  Maybe that's what you mean by extremism?  I'm hard on the
Americans, but given that I'm an American, I think that gives me the right, in
fact the obligation, to criticize my country when it does wrong in the hope
that it will do better.  Maybe you need to define extremism.  While you're at
it, tell me what Absolute I subscribe to.