[lit-ideas] Re: Mexican protesting

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 22:44:20 -0500

AA:

One big happy family, no borders, no boundaries, everybody just walks in on
everybody, does what they want, when they want. It's an irony that what's
keeping the Mexicans so backward is this dysfunctional,
don't-quite-know-where-I-end-and-you-begin mentality.

Dear Andy, has it ever occurred to you that Mexican culture might be a thousand times more satisfying to the human soul than America's? I suspect that most people from most Hispanic cultures have a grasp on who they are to a degree that you'll never know if you live to be a thousand years old. Of course, I could be wrong, I admit I don't know you except through your imaginary self. That's sad, but I try to respect it.

Mike Geary
Memphis