[lit-ideas] Re: Mexican protesting

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 23:03:28 -0400

United
> States, just like Canada.  We're all  Americans.

One big happy family, no borders, no boundaries, everybody just walks in on
everybody, does what they want, when they want.   It's an irony that what's
keeping the Mexicans so backward is this dysfunctional,
don't-quite-know-where-I-end-and-you-begin mentality.

> >What's the difference between
> > what they're doing and walking into somebody's house and taking up
> > residence and saying they have a right to live there because they'll do
> > the
> > chores?
>
> Good question.  Maybe they should.  In fact, I'd support that.  Why not?
> Especially if they go occupy the rich folks' houses.

Why just the rich folks? Everybody can use some help around the house.
It's their right as Mexicans to live where they want, they're demonstrating
for it.  And they can have their babies, invariably by different fathers
who contribute nothing either physically or emotionally to the children.
It's funny how Lawrence so admires machismo, "'real men".  Well, south of
the border there's plenty of it.

Make those assholes
> work for a living for a change.  "By the sweat of your brow..." that kind
of
> thing.  Show that coupon clipping class what keeps the world together.
Oh
> dear, you've awaken the Bolshevik in me.  Now I'll be awake all night
making
> bombs of the faces of the rich.
>
> Viva revolucion!

Revolutions are a dime a dozen in South America.  Hasn't helped them a bit.