[lit-ideas] Re: Mexican protesting

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 22:39:35 -0700

'Irene' asked:

How many Hispanics do you know that you think they're so admirable?

I'm not sure if 'she' is trying to ask how many Hispanics Mike knows who he thinks are admirable or if 'she's' trying to ask how many Hispanics he knows who think well of themselves. Far be it from me to put words in 'her' mouth.

But if it's the first, let me propose a candidate for him: the wonderful, neo-Gricean, OED-loving, often surreal, more often entertaining and informative, now lost, J. L. Speranza.

Robert Paul
The Reed Institute