[lit-ideas] Re: Mexican Immigrants in Canada

  • From: eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:02:09 -0500

Hi,
He gives as one reason that there is such an aging population in Canada causing
a shortage of workers there.

I have not looked at the stats in Canada for that. But, what is funny to me
about the discussion of the aging baby boomers, etc., is that in the US, people
look at the numbers of the retiring baby boomers and have no concept that the
GenY population is the largest generation in history (78 million eople).

They are ages 5 to 25 (or so) (Lots of sources for this--this came from
"Understanding Generation Y" by Kassia Dellabough, LERN [Lifelong Learning
Resource Network] but a fun book for those interested is Generations at Work:
Managing the Clash of Veterans, Boomers, Xers, and Nexters in Your Workplace by
Ron Zemke)

I'd not ever thought of looking at the demographics of Canada...

Still, this is interesting...thanks.

Best,
Marlena in Missouri