[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot [Iraqi firing at US aircraft]

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:41:50 -0600

EY:
Robert "offered to pay a nickel per incident to anyone who provided
evidence of Iraqi ground fire against US aircraft patrolling the
'No-Fly Zone,' and elsewhere between the end of GWI and GWII."

If I were Robert Paul, I wouldn't admit to being wrong so quickly and I certainly wouldn't start throwing nickels Eric's way. Most to the incidents of Iraq firing on US and UK planes came after provocation by the US in an effort to eliminate as many radar sites as possible in anticipation of our illegal, unjust, immoral invasion -- a strategy that began at least 10 months prior to that illegal, unjust, immoral invasion.

If you want more info, check out: http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2005/06/24/the_war_before_the_war.php

Mike Geary
Memphis
at war with war.