[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 15:11:03 -0500

>>a bit uneasy with Angie Merkel licking dubya's boots, but the polls say otherwise

If licking Dubya's boots amounts to keeping your troops in Afghan cities, rather than actually performing like a part of NATO, then I'm Gerhardt Richter's left hand. Germany should be ashamed of its fainthearted and childish response, rather than seeing it as capitulation to Bush.

When Afghan jihad season starts up in the spring, it'll be the Americans who have to deal with it, while your "highly-civilized" troops hunker down in safety. They might scrape their knees if they actually engaged in a military operation. Then they'd come back crying, and would need bandages and bed rest before they summoned strength to hide some more. Yeah, real civilized.

Feel free to make that kind of national cowardice seem like a virtue. It's probably your only option.