[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 12:06:06 -0800

Now, now, Simon.  I don't call you Leftists "insane," I call you illogical.
And if you consider my saying so an insult, think about what it would mean
if I didn't say so.  I would be condoning your illogicality with my silence.
I would be refraining from doing my duty which in this case involves
describing to you what a logical argument consists of, and urge you to
beginning a dialogue worthy of an educated European. Actually I did recently
consider giving up on you Leftists and unsubscribing, but the Andreas
freelists device for doing that doesn't work.  I tried to go on vacation and
when that didn't work I tried to unsubscribe, but Freelists wasn't having
any, so what was I to do?  I had to come back here and confront Judy's
one-liners, Irene's irrationalities, Simon's illogicalities, and John
McCreery's innuendo.   I suppose it is impossible to get any of you to
present logical arguments.  It is probably just as impossible to prevent me
from being irritated by that fact when I am confronted with it.

I won't discuss your note below in detail.  It is very much in character -
big on emotional rant, lacking in anything approaching evidence and utterly
unrelated to anything remotely smacking of a logical argument.

Lawrence

  _____